2 servings // 15 mins preparation // 20 mins cooking time
Total Time: 35 mins
A little effort for maximum flavour. This really is a very special dish and one that Steve and his family adore. Add the bang bang chicken mix to some lettuce boats and you have a low-carb, highly nutritious meal. Perfect alternative to a sandwich.
Under £2 per serving.
- 250g chicken breast
- 100g peanut butter
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 30g feta
- 2 tbsp light soy
- 1 tsp erythritol
- 2 tbsp milk
- Firstly, you are going to want to boil your chicken breast. This should take about 15-20 minutes for it to be cooked through. Cut it in half to make sure that the centre is cooked.
- Discard the water from the pan but keep the pan.
- Now place the chicken breast in a sandwich bag or between some greaseproof paper and bash it with the end of a rolling pin. This will break up the fibres of the chicken.
- Now return the chicken to the pan over a medium heat with the peanut butter, light soy, erythritol and milk. Mix it all together.
- Lay out the lettuce boats and add the chicken mix to each one and serve straight away.
Note: You can add the bang bang chicken mix (cooked) to a Tupperware and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.