18 servings // 5 mins preparation // 30 mins cooking time
Total Time: 35 mins
A really simple brown bread recipe that is low in carbs. Made with ground brown flaxseed (linseed), which is one of the cheapest seeds around. You can toast this bread, enjoy it as an open sandwich or slice and freeze it for another day.
Under £2 per loaf. 14p per slice.
- 300g ground brown flaxseed / linseed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 356°F.
- Combine the ground flax, sea salt and baking powder in a deep mixing bowl. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the eggs, olive oil and water.
- Now make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg mix.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula and fold the ingredients together until you have a thick batter.
- Spoon into a 2lb silicone loaf pan / or a greased loaf pan.
- Place in the centre of your oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until firm, risen and a knife comes out clean.
- You can store it in a bread bin at room temperature for up to 5 days or in a fridge for up to 10 days. If you slice and freeze it, thaw before toasting or use the 'defrost' setting on your toaster.