1 serving // 30 mins preparation // 10 mins cooking time
Total Time: 40 mins
This is one of our most decadent recipes, a marriage of delicious flavours and as you will see, costed higher that the other recipes. Duck is regularly in the discount section of supermarkets at the end of the day, so perhaps one to try when the price is low.
Under £3.10 per serving.
- 1 duck leg
- 1 portion of celeriac mash
- 1 medium orange (peeled and sliced)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 tsp lazy garlic
- 1 tsp dried fennel seeds
- 1 tsp lazy ginger
- Salt (pinch)
- Olive oil (splash)
- Start by roasting your duck leg. To do this, place one duck leg in a greased ovenproof dish. Season well with salt and pepper and pop in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Once roasted remove from the oven to rest for 15 minutes or until you would like to make your meal.
- Pop a large non-stick frying pan on the hob with olive oil over a medium to high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and fennel seeds and fry for a couple of minutes until golden. Add in the spinach to a side to wilt (if your pan is big enough!).
- Add the duck skin side down on top of the garlic, ginger and fennel. Cook for a few minutes until piping hot.
- Add in the oranges to caramelise. Coat the duck with the fennel and garlic / ginger mix.
- Serve alongside the celeriac mash and wilted spinach.