2 servings // 30 mins preparation // 15 mins cooking time
Total Time: 45 mins
This is a fabulous value for money dish that is absolutely packed with flavours. Lamb is a fabulous meat and one to be enjoyed. A little preparation time for this recipe, but one that could easily make for 2 meals.
Under £1.70 per serving.
- 1 aubergine (halved)
- Olive oil (glug)
- 200g lamb mince
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sea salt (pinch, optional)
- ½ can chopped tomatoes
- 100g cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat your oven to 190°C. Grease an ovenproof dish with a little olive oil.
- Cut the aubergine in half and score the inside of the aubergine flesh in a lattice shape. Drizzle with olive oil. Place the aubergine skin side down in the dish and pop in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until soft.
Lamb Mince Method
- Heat a wok over high heat with a little olive oil. Add in the garlic and cook off for a minute or so.
- Add in the lamb mince and brown off. Move it round the pan, keep the heat going through the meat.
- Add in the cinnamon and 1 tsp fennel seeds. Cook for a few minutes before adding in your tin of tomatoes and a pinch of optional sea salt.
- Keep the heat high and bring to a bubble. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce has reduced.
- Once the aubergine is soft and cooked, remove from the oven.
- Press the flesh down with a fork to create a boat.
- Add in the cooked lamb mince to each boat and sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
- Pop back in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and bubbled.
- Serve and enjoy!