2 servings // 5 mins preparation // 15 mins cooking time
Total Time: 20 mins
If Steve was stuck on a desert island and only allowed to eat one meal, this would be it! A fragrant, quick and flavour packed dish. This makes enough for 2 portions. We suggest serving with courgetti but you could also serve alongside cauliflower rice.
Under £1 per serving.
- 2 chicken thighs (chopped)
- ½ can tinned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 spring onion (sliced)
- 1 stick lemongrass (dried)
- 1 tsp lazy garlic
- Lime juice (splash)
- 2 tsp red Thai curry paste
- Into a hot wok / deep frying pan with a little olive oil. Fry off finely sliced 1.5 spring onion (keep the rest to serve) with the garlic for a minute or two to soften.
- Add in the lemongrass (dried) to let the flavours infuse, you will remove this later.
- Now add in the red Thai paste. Stir through. Add in the chicken, coat in the paste mix and some fresh coriander. Once the chicken is sealed and white on all sides you can add in the coconut milk.
- Mix through and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, making sure to keep the heat on the lower side and stirring. Once the chicken is cooked through you can add a little lime juice and any added seasoning. Remove any dried lemongrass.
- Add the courgetti to a bowl (we don't cook ours, but if you want to you can). Alternatively serve alongside cauliflower rice or your favourite roasted vegetables.
- Ladle the red Thai chicken curry over the top and serve with remaining spring onion and a little coriander for a further pop of green!