1 serving // 20 mins preparation // 10 mins cooking time
Total Time: 30 mins
A quick and delicious meal combining all the key qualities we look for in our recipes; affordable, convenient, and easy. Low in carbs, this is a great option for those looking for a takeaway alternative.
Chicken wings are a brilliant ingredient as they are much cheaper than chicken breast or thighs and hold a lot of flavour. A winning combination of delicious ingredients.
Under £1.70 per serving.
- 3 chicken wings
- 1 portion celeriac fries
- 1 handful kale
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- Olive oil (glug)
- Chilli flakes (pinch)
Celeriac Fries Ingredients
- 1 whole celeriac (skin removed and chopped into fries)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt (to taste)
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
Celeriac Fries Method
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Carefully remove the tough skin from around the celeriac. Cut off any roots and you should be left with a smooth white flesh.
- Cut the celeriac into fries and place in a bowl. Coat in olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place on a greaseproof baking sheet. We highly recommend the silicone baking sheets.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes. If you have cut thick wedges you might need to increase your cooking time. If thin, you will just need to keep an eye on them.
- Give them a shake half way through the cooking time and once golden and cooked through they are ready.
- If you need to reheat the fries, we recommend putting them on a baking tray in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes, until heated through.
Chicken Wings Method
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place the chicken wings in a baking dish and bake for approximately 20 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Pop the peanut butter and honey into a bowl with an (optional) pinch of sea salt. Combine together.
- Coat each wing in the peanut mixture.
- Place a frying pan over high heat and add a glug of olive oil.
- Fry each wing in the pan for a few minutes on each side until piping hot throughout.
- Remove from the pan and pop on a serving plate with a portion of celeriac fries.
- Fry off your kale and chilli flakes in the same pan with a little more olive oil. A 1-minute flash fry should be enough as your pan will be hot. Add a little sea salt to the kale and serve straight away.