1 serving // 10 mins preparation // 25 mins cooking time
Total Time: 30 mins
Our healthy take on ham, egg, and chips. Here we have prepared a joint of gammon in advance to use for 4 meals. See here →
We have used celeriac instead of potato as it is a delicious vegetable, widely available, and low in carbs. A perfect meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Under £1.70 per serving.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ avocado
- 200g roasted gammon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 portion celeriac fries
- Sea salt (pinch)
- Black pepper (pinch)
Celeriac Fries Ingredients
- 1 whole celeriac (skin removed and chopped into fries)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Cracked black pepper (to taste)
Celeriac Fries Method
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Carefully remove the tough skin from around the celeriac. Cut off any roots and you should be left with a smooth white flesh.
- Cut the celeriac into fries and place in a bowl. Coat in olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place on a greaseproof baking sheet. We highly recommend the silicone baking sheets.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes. If you have cut thick wedges you might need to increase your cooking time. If thin, you will just need to keep an eye on them.
- Give them a shake half way through the cooking time and once golden and cooked through they are ready.
- If you need to reheat the fries, we recommend putting them on a baking tray in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Add the roasted gammon to a well greased frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry each side for at least 3 minutes until piping hot. Once cooked place on a serving plate.
- In the same pan (at the same time if possible, but do not worry if not), crack two large eggs. Fry off until the whites are set. Pop on the plate.
- Add the portion of celeriac fries.
- Cut an avocado in half with a sharp knife, cutting around the stone very carefully. Gently twist the two halves to separate them and expose the pit. Carefully place the heal of the knife in the pit and twist to remove. You can slice the avocado while still in the skin or just scoop out the flesh with a spoon.