1 servings // 10 mins preparation // 40 mins cooking time
Total Time: 50 mins
A huge one pot meal for one! Full of flavour and a simple selection of low carb ingredients. The chicken thighs have a delicious crumb coating and the mash is smooth and buttery. This dish is like pub grub but without the price tag or carb content! A definite winner with us.
Under £1.70 per serving.
Paprika Baked Chicken ingredients
- 2 chicken thighs
- 120g cherry tomatoes, whole
- ½ red onion (medium, chunky)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 3 tbsp ground almonds (almond flour)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Sea Salt (pinch)
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tsp olive oil (to grease)
Cauliflower Mash ingredients
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sea Salt (pinch)
- Black Pepper (pinch)
Paprika Baked Chicken method
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Into a baking dish add a little olive oil to grease and add chunky chopped red onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Pop 1 egg into a bowl and whisk with 1 tsp garlic.
- Add the ground almonds to a large mixing bowl with smoked paprika, sea salt and optional black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Take one chicken thigh. Coat in the egg mix and then carefully roll in the ground almond and spice crumb. Make sure you coat it all on all sides. Place the c hicken in the same baking dish, alongside the onion and tomatoes.
- Repeat process with the other chicken thigh. Add to the same baking dish.
- Pop in the oven at 180C for 35-45 minutes. To test it is cooked, you can carefully cut into the chicken flesh in the meatiest part. Once the chicken juices run clear you will know it is ready.
- Serve alongside a portion of some buttery cauliflower mash.
Cauliflower Mash method
- Remove any leaves from your cauliflower (save for a stock or soup). break into florets and chop up the stalk.
- Pop in a deep pan and fill with water. Bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender and easy to mash.
- Drain and place carefully in a mixing bowl. Add a little butter, black pepper and sea salt. Using potato masher (or puree in a blender), mash util a smooth and creamy consistency. You could add a little grated parmesan for an extra twist.
- One medium cauliflower should make 2-3 portions of cauliflower mash.
Note: If you cannot tolerate ground almonds then please replace with ground flax / linseed / any other ground seed or flour.
This dish can be kept in the fridge in a sealed container and needs to be eaten within 48 hours.
You can eat it cold, or if you would like to reheat it from the fridge, you can microwave or bake again to piping hot. You can check the internal temperature of a chicken thigh with a meat thermometer which should read at least 75C. The baking time from already cooked chicken thighs should take approximately 15 minutes in an oven at 190C. Please follow your own oven guidelines and always check chicken is cooked through.