Servings: 2 · Prep Time: 4 mins · Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 14 mins
These scrambled eggs are rich, creamy and loaded with aromatic spices and curry powder. The eggs are mixed with a little double cream but you can simply omit this for dairy free. These make for a vibrant brunch or filling for low carb pitta breads.
- eggs (4 large)
- butter (1 tbsp)
- garlic (1 clove minced)
- red onion (1 tbsp finely diced)
- fresh ginger (1 tsp grated)
- fresh red chili (1 tsp finely chopped)
- tomato (1 medium seeds and pulp removed and flesh diced)
- double cream (1 tbsp)
- baby spinach (1 cup stems removed)
- fresh coriander (1 tbsp roughly chopped)
- ground coriander (1/2 tsp)
- ground cumin (1/2 tsp)
- curry powder (1/2 tsp)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (pinch)
Heat the butter in a frying pan over a low/medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, ginger and chili. Sweat gently until tender.
Whilst the onion and spice mix is cooking, add the egg and cream to a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and beat together well to combine.
Add the diced tomato, cumin, dried coriander and curry powder to the pan. Cook for a minute until fragrant and the tomato has softened.
Add the beaten egg mixture to the pan along with the spinach and give everything a good stir.
Allow the egg to settle and cook for a moment before scrambling with a spatula, cooking to preference.
Scatter with the chopped coriander to serve.
Curried Keto Scrambled Eggs 1.CR2
Curried Keto Scrambled Eggs 2.CR2
Curried Keto Scrambled Eggs 3.CR2