6 servings // 3 mins preparation // 20 mins cooking time
Total Time: 23 mins
These egg muffins are incredibly simple to make, great for prepping ahead of time and having in the fridge for when needed. They are low in carbs but packed full of nutritionally dense ingredients. A great recipe for breakfast, lunch, or a snack on the go. They can be enjoyed straight from the oven or cold.
Under £1 per serving.
- 3 large eggs
- Spinach, small handful
- 130g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 rashers of bacon, sliced into bitesized pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Have your muffin tray greased and nearby.
- Add the mushrooms and bacon with a little butter to the frying pan. Fry off for a couple of minutes until the mushrooms are softened and the bacon cooked.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. If you would like to season with some black pepper, do so now.
- Add the spinach (raw), cooked bacon and mushroom to the egg mix and combine.
- Carefully spoon into the muffin moulds until the mixture reaches just below the top of each mould.
- Pop in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until risen and set.
- Serve straight away or allow to cool and enjoy another time.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days and enjoy cold straight from the fridge. They can be frozen for up to 1 month. Before eating, thaw overnight in the fridge and then microwave until piping hot (about 30-40 seconds) before serving.