Servings: 4 · Prep Time: 10 mins · Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Lunch | Dinner | Quick | Fibre
The perfect paleo mushroom ramen for the upcoming colder season. This healthy low carb ramen packs a punch of nutritional goodness with fresh herbs, pak choi, organic shiitake mushrooms, konjac Noodles, seaweed, spring onions and delicious sesame oil for a truly authentic Japanese dish.
- Shiitake mushrooms (250g, sliced)
- Fresh ginger (1 inch piece, peeled and sliced)
- Fresh red chilli (1, deseeded and sliced)
- Garlic (3 cloves, finely diced)
- Organic vegetable stock (2, made up to 1 litre)
- White miso paste (2 tbsp)
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos (1 tbsp)
- Chilli flakes (1 pinch)
- Sesame oil (1 tbsp)
- Pak choi (2, trimmed and leaves seperated)
- Spring onions (4, sliced)
- Nori sheets (2-3, ripped into pieces)
- Konjac Noodles (200g)
Begin by frying the mushrooms in a large wok on high heat with 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil for 5 minutes. Once browned, remove from the wok and pop the mushrooms onto a plate.
In a pan, add your stock and heat until boiling.
Whilst your broth heats, add the ginger, chilli flakes, fresh chilli and garlic to the previously used wok and fry for a minute on medium heat. Once done, add to the stock and reduce heat to medium.
Add the miso, sesame oil and soy sauce to the stock and stir. Cook for a further 10 minutes and then add the konjac Noodles, pak choi, seaweed, half of the spring onions and mushrooms.
Serve the ramen into bowls and top with the remaining spring onions.