Servings: 2 · Prep Time: 5 mins · Cooking Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 17 mins
This Tuscan steak salad makes for a quick and tasty weeknight meal or weekend treat. The steak is rubbed in garlic, lemon and rosemary to create an aromatic marinade and served on a bed of Tuscan kale and tomatoes .
- rump steaks (2x 200g each)
- fresh rosemary (2 tsp finely chopped)
- olive oil (1 1/2 tbsp)
- garlic (1 clove minced)
- lemon zest (1 tsp)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (generous pinch)
- cherry tomatoes (6 quartered)
- cavolo Nero (3 cups roughly chopped and stalks removed)
- garlic (1 clove finely sliced)
- olive oil (1 tbsp)
- lemon juice (1/2 tbsp)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (pinch)
Add the steaks to a shallow dish and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the lemon zest, olive oil, rosemary and garlic and use your hands to rub the seasonings all over the meat.
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the steaks and cook to preference - about 7 minutes for medium. Set aside to rest.
Whilst the steaks are resting you can prepare the vegetables.
Heat the oil in a pan over a low/medium heat and add the garlic. Sweat until tender.
Add the kale, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper and increase the heat a little.
Pan fry for 3-4minutes until the kale is just wilted and tomatoes are tender.
Slice the rested steak and serve over the kale and tomatoes.
Tuscan Keto Steak Salad 1.CR2
Tuscan Keto Steak Salad 2.CR2
Tuscan Keto Steak Salad 3.CR2