Servings: 4 · Prep Time: 20 mins · Cooking Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Sides | Sauces
Tzatziki is a refreshing yogurt and cucumber dip from Greece and the Middle East. It is perfect as a side dish to grilled meats, kebabs or fish. It is ummy, creamy and ultra good for you, too.
- Yogurt (250g)
- Cucumber (1/2)
- Fresh Mint (2 tbsp)
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- Olive Oil (1 tbsp)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. Make sure your yogurt is a natural, unflavoured bio Greek yogurt.
2. Wash the cucumber and grate it with the coarse side of a grater (just take the tip off first). No need to peel the cucumber; the skin adds both colour and texture.
3. Put cucumber in a strainer and push down firmly to try and remove as much water as possible (sprinkle a little salt on top helps remove the moisture). Leave for about 10 minutes for the water to drain out, then press down again (some people use a tea towel but I don't have the patients).
4. Press the garlic and place in a bowl with your mint . Add cucumber, oil and stir in the yogurt. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
5. Put in the fridge for about 15 minutes to let the flavours develop. It will keep for about 2 to 3 days in the fridge.