Servings: 1 · Prep Time: 2 mins · Cooking Time: 1 mins
Total Time: 3 mins
Drinks | Quick | Keto
Your Autophagy and Ketosis Four to Seven ingredient coffee. This an awesome coffee to kick your day off, especially if you are looking at staying in ketosis. The core ingredients are coffee (although if you don't drink coffee you can skip it and just use the cacao powder). C8 Oil, Cacao powder, Cinnamon and either coconut oil, almond butter, butter or ghee are the bedrock to this drink. You can then add an optional pinch go Himalayan salt and Stevia if you like it sweeter.
- Coffee (1 teaspoon)
- c8 oil (1 teaspoon)
- Butter (1 teaspoon)
- Cacao Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (Pinch)
- Salt (pinch)
- Stevia (pinch)
Heat your coffee and add all ingredients together and give a good stir. You could also put all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz.
Here is why the ingredients have been chosen:
1. Coffee - Helps to kick start ketosis and autophagy. If you prefer decaf go for it, but it's not as powerful at kick starting ketosis (optional - can drop altogether if you don't like coffee).
2. C8 oil - A must. Get it from the big supermarkets or Amazon (it's a derivative of coconut oil).
3. A level teaspoon, around 2 grams of coconut oil or almond butter, or ghee, or organic butter. Try and alternate to see which taste you prefer.
4. Cacao powder - not only tastes good but is full of antioxidants, good for detox and helps trigger autophagy.
5. Cinnamon - just a pinch, it also helps trigger autophagy
6. Pinch of Himalayan salt - (optional) but adds calcium, magnesium, potassium,
copper and iron.
7. Stevia - (optional), just if you need it sweeter.