Servings: 4 · Prep Time: 5 mins · Cooking Time: 360 mins
Total Time: 365 mins
Dinner | Lunch
This slow cooker turkey stew is packed with Mediterranean flavours and low carb vegetables to provide a hearty and warming lunch or dinner. Perfect served with buttered keto bread! Perfect for batch cooking and freezing portions for future meals.
- turkey thigh (750g skin on, bone in)
- fresh parsley (2 tbsp chopped)
- celery (1 large stick roughly diced)
- capers (2 tbsp)
- tomatoes (1 cup chopped)
- fennel (1 small quartered)
- red onion (1 medium quartered)
- red bell pepper (1 medium de-seeded and sliced into thick strips)
- courgette (1 large sliced into 1-inch discs)
- dried oregano (1 tsp)
- dried thyme (1 tsp)
- balsamic vinegar (1 tbsp)
- olive oil (1 tbsp)
- chicken stock (1/2 cup)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (pinch)
Add the turkey thigh to a slow cooker and nestle all the chopped vegetables around the meat.
Season to taste and sprinkle over the dried herbs and drizzle with the olive oil.
Pour over the vinegar, tomatoes, stock and capers.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours, cooking until the meat is tender and falling from the bone.
Remove the turkey thigh from the stew, shred the meat and discard the skin and bones.
Return the shredded meat to the stew and scatter with fresh parsley to serve.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Turkey Stew 1.CR2
Slow Cooker Low Carb Turkey Stew 2.CR2
Slow Cooker Low Carb Turkey Stew 3.CR2