Servings: 4 · Prep Time: 10 mins · Cooking Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
This is a twist on Emma Porters amazing garlic bread, which is a favourite of my family. I changed the herbs, slightly adjusted the balance of ingredients and I also used peppered garlic powder, the end result is a flavour with a bit more bite.
- Ground Almond (100g)
- Mozzarella (150g)
- Garlic (5 cloves)
- Greek Yogurt (3 tbsp)
- Peppered Garlic Powder (3 tsp)
- Parsley or Coriander (1/2 cup)
- Baking Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Drizzle a very small amount of olive oil in a pan and fry off your garlic for approximately 1 minute over high heat. Do NOT burn it.
3. Add in the 150g mozzarella and reduce the heat to low. Allow it to melt, stirring continuously.
4. Once fully melted, remove from the heat and add the salt, 3/4 of the parsley, Greek yoghurt, peppered garlic powder, baking powder and combine together.
5. Now add the ground almonds and beaten egg. Stir together to form a dough.
6. Carefully spoon mixture on to a greaseproof sheet, mould into a garlic bread shape. You could make it into a pizza flat bread, or split it into portions. I like to make it into a flat (1/2 inch) bread (score finger shapes with a knife if you like).
7. Bake at 180c for about 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Remove, add remaining mozzarella and parsley on top.
9. Bake for a further 5 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, add a few butter wedges and serve.